- THE REASON FOR THE MINISTRY
* Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned —
* Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
*But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
*For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
*Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.
Romans 5: 12, 14, 15, 17, 18
And one woman (Eve), one in substance with Adam, played the key role in The Offence (The Original Sin)
Another woman (Second Eve), one in substance with the Second Adam, has a key role in The Saving Grace
And a vital reversal is necessary for this reversal – the sinless Adam shall come from the sinless Eve this time
The main thrust of the ministry was established – do battle with the serpent and win, as man (Gen. 3: 15)
2. THE PREPARATION FOR THE MINISTRY
* “And I will put enmity between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel.”
Genesis 3: 15
* “Therefore, when He came into the world, He said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body You have prepared for Me. In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You had no pleasure. Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come — In the volume of the book it is written of Me — To do Your will, O God.’ ”
Hebrews 10: 5-7
* “Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in battle array!”
Song of Songs 6: 10
*“The Lord will give you a sign in any case. It is this: the young woman is with child and will give birth to a son whom she will call Immanuel”.
Isaiah 7: 14
*“Behold the handmaid of the Lord be it done unto me according to thy word”
Luke 1: 38
And the Ministry was conceived, the battle line drawn; a sinless man needed to conquer sin and that source of sin
And the necessary sinless body was prepared to beget the sinless man for the conquest (The Immaculate Conception)
And she came forth in divine splendor, as captured in that song of God to His Beloved.
And the prophets saw the grand preparations and shouted out in prophesy – she is carrying God (Theotokos)
And behold, the preparations were successful – she said the great Yes.
3. THE UNVEILING OF THE INSTRUMENTS FOR THE MINISTRY
* “But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons”
Galatians 4: 4-5
* “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth”.
John 1: 14
* “For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord”.
Luke 2: 11*
“But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart”.
Luke 2: 19
And now she has delivered in this crucial stage of her role and is now, in reality, “mother of God”
And she shares the glory of “the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth”
And she ponders all these marvels in her heart, as she starts the task of nurturing the Minister-in-Chief
4. THE MODULATION AND MODERATION OF THE MINISTRY
* Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.” And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them. Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart.
Luke 2: 46-51
* On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.” Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.”– – – This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him.
John: 2: 1-11
* While He was still talking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him. Then one said to Him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with you.” But He answered and said to the one who told Him, “Who is my mother and who are my brothers?” And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, “Here are my mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
Matthew 12: 46-50
Top zeal, enthusiasm and high spiritual energy; “I might as well get on with it, even at 12”
But she had the Divine mandate and responsibility to modulate and moderate; she knew the flag-off moment
It is not the time; just a look and through their inner spiritual connection, they understood each other perfectly
He instantly followed them home, subject to them while patiently awaiting the sign from her, for kick-off
At Cana: age 30, had disciples, but no Ministry – His hour had “not yet come”; it came the next instant
It is now the time; just a look and through their inner spiritual connection, they understood each other perfectly
“Whatever He says to you, do it”, is a more than enough utterance, and the Ministry is set off.
Zeal was extremely high-pitched, modulation and moderation more difficult; she still checked on him
Clever words from Jesus and she understood: “you are known for believing and doing the will of God”.
She would not be doing the will of God if she persuaded him to go home with them and rest; or why came they?
5. THE FINISHING OF THE MINISTRY
* Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home.
John 19: 25-27
And she was there at the finishing point; remained for Jesus to take care of her through John his beloved apostle
Now mother to the beloved John, she is also symbolically mother to all who believe they are Jesus’ beloved.
**Revelation 12 summarizes the role of the woman in the Salvation Ministry. Read it, understand it.
Do you see, from the foregoing, the history of the work of our salvation? The role of “The woman”? The Vatican II theologians summarize it thus:
“After a long period of waiting the times are fulfilled in her, the exalted Daughter of Zion, and the New plan of salvation is established when the Son of God has taken human nature from her, that He might in the mysteries of His flesh free man from sin”. (Vatican II Lumen Gentium 55).
Have another look. Do you not see that this history is talking about 2 persons, always together, inseparable ? The Two Hearts of Love.
The Ark of the Covenant
THE OLD COVENANT
- The Ark of the Covenant was God’s Sanctuary – Exodus25:8ff
- The presence of the Ark of the Covenant brought great joy – 2Samuel 6: 1-5
- The presence of the Ark of the Covenant, in fact, sent someone into joy and ecstasy, and he leapt for joy – 2 Samuel 6: 14 – 16
- God brought blessings to all people that welcomed the Ark of the Covenant – 2Samuel 6: 11
THE NEW COVENANT
- The Ark of the Covenant was also God’s Sanctuary – Luke 1: 34-35; John 1: 1, 14.
- The presence of the Ark of the Covenant brought great joy – Luke 1: 39-45
- The presence of the Ark of the Covenant, in fact, sent someone into joy and ecstasy, and he leapt for joy – Luke 1: 44
- God brought blessings to all people that welcomed the Ark of the Covenant – John 2: 1-10
The Ark of the Covenant (old or New) brought God to the people and He gave them joy and blessings”. God and the Ark always came together as they were always together. They have not yet been separated. The Two Hearts of Love, united for our salvation.